You’ll also help your favorite authors, which by definition are entrepreneurs in their own right! But best of all, if you buy a book you’ll treat yourself or someone you love to a gift that will endure forever, the memory of a great book.
There are many independent bookstores across our state, and to get you started, here are my favorites:
- McIntyre’s Fine Books in Pittsboro (pictured)
- Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh
- Flyleaf Books in Chapel Hill
- The Regulator in Durham
- The Country Bookshop in Southern Pines
- Park Road Books in Charlotte
But there’s many more! For more about independent bookstores in North Carolina, check out this Facebook page. A special thanks to my friend and fellow author Shelia Bolt Rudesill who inspired this post with her Tweet!